I posted my yarn tote here the other day. As I had mentioned in the post I was not real happy with the size of the cover. When I opened up the cover to reach into the tote there was just too much cover and it was in the way.
I decided to take the scissors to the cover. I took off about 3 inches which included the finished casing.
After I trimmed down my fabric I needed to re-do my casing for my ribbon drawstring. I ripped out and inch or so of each of the two side seams. At that point I folded the raw edge top of the cover down 1/4″ and I pressed it. I folded the top again so that the 1/4″ fold rested where the sewn side seam began. Once that was all pressed I stitched it in place.
I was much happier with the second version of my yarn tote. The cover on the first one was just too big and was in the way when I would be trying to see into the tote. This version is much easier for me to take my yarn and knitting accessories in and out. I’m very glad I went back and re-did the cover. Now I need to put my new yarn and project into it but that will be a post for another day